As your local “Mazda dealer near me,” Star Mazda is your trusted source for all your automotive needs. We go above and beyond to answer your questions and exceed all expectations. We are big advocates of sharing knowledge, and one important topic to us is what to do if you have a flat tire.
Your tires might seem invincible, but unfortunately, they don’t last forever. Usually caused by excessive wear or a roadside obstacle, tires can burst at some of the most unexpected moments. For this reason, it is worthwhile to always be prepared.
Equipment you want to have in your car at all times is a jack, tire iron, and, of course, a spare tire. When tragedy strikes and a tire pops, pull over and find a shoulder with enough room for you to change your tire safely. If able, try to find a nearby parking lot or side street for additional space and less traffic.
- With the tire iron, loosen the wheel lugs of the flat tire. Don’t remove them completely.
- Next, move the jack to beneath the vehicle. Raise the car with it until the tire is completely off the ground.
- Now, it’s time to remove the wheel lugs completely and remove the flat tire.
- Take the spare tire, line it up with the wheel studs, and screw the wheel lugs back on, securing the tire in place.
- Lower the tire back to the ground and tighten the wheel lugs completely.
Once all is said and done, visit Star Mazda for tire repair or a new tire entirely. Our Mazda technicians serving Culver City, CA are happy to diagnose the issue of the flat tire, whether it be from a puncture or shallow tread, and provide a solution. We carry a variety of tire types and brands to suit all Mazda models, whether you drive a Mazda3 or Mazda CX-9.
For service and repair you can trust, stop by Star Mazda. Our Mazda service center is here to ensure all your maintenance needs are met. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or to learn more about what we can do for you!